Alisa_1

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
my laptop is an ASUS e402ma model, i was using it and it was all fine and dandy till it decided to sleep and not turn on, i tried rebooting it with the 5 second hold on the on button and then it completely shut down, it does not turn on nor does it show a light when i plug in my charger, i am in desperate need of help right now please please help me, i have tried to do the take out the battery thing but i cant seem to pry anything open at all, LIKE THE KEY BOARD IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET UNDER THE HAIR LINE OF A CRACK, so i dont even think it is possible to get it out, PLEASE i am begging anyone at all please help me, i have an ITEC assignment due next tuesday and i didnt back up anything

Solution
Check the cable of the power supply. I cut through a cable with an rolling office chair, the hard caster cut it. Also, I have two power supplies cut by lazy-boy chair foot rests. It may look okay, but, by running your hand the length of the cable you may find a nick, it may be shorting out. If thats the issue, its an easy buy on ebay, or you may be able to splice the cut temporarily.

Alisa_1

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
nothing is working, no light is on, and i have now managed to pry open the bottom of the laptop, to find no battery at all ... or from where i am looking i cant see a battery

If you have no light on either the power charging cable where the transformer box is on the cable (Usually small square box about halfway down the length of the charging cable, or on the unit itself, I'd suggest you may need to replace the charging cable as even with a dead battery the cable itself should be lit. If it's not, then the unit can't power up OR charge the battery.

Alisa_1

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
No the charger is fine the light on that is fine, i mean the little light on the side of the laptopthat indicates that it is receiving power or its already full battery doesnt show

ffg7

Splendid
you are trying to take out the cmos battery not the main battery which makes a laptop a laptop not a desktop. all laptops have 2 batteries, cmos battery & main battery whereas desktops have 1 battery for the cmos as the desktop uses external power from a wall receptacle.

TRENDING THREADS