Need help buying a new laptop.

Mar 3, 2018
1. What is your budget? $1000-$1200

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Doesn't really matter. Probably around 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p is fine.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Yeah, kinda. What I want is a beast to run desktop appliations, spreadsheet, a crapload of tabs in my web browsers (60+), some light video editing. I don't care about playing games. But, its okay if it needs a nice video card.

Basically, I want 0 slowdowns if possible in heavy desktop applications.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Not necessary.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Light video and photo editing. Heavy spreadsheets, and 60+ tab browsing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not a lot is needed. A SSD would be nice.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1-2 years? Maybe more, depending on bang per buck

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Not necessary.

13. What country do you live in? Mexico, but can probably get it somewhere else.

Oh and also, I'm actually worried about 16 gb ram. 32 gb might be overkill, but I max out my 8gb extremely quickly with the kind of desktop use I am doing, so I would probably look into buying a laptop with 16 gb, and upgrade it to 24 gb by buying another 16gb stick separately.

ArchitSahu

Estimable
Apr 11, 2014
Solution