Solved! Need help buying the right laptop

sky_lar

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Gamer on a budget here! yep am looking forward to buy a gaming laptop..
looking around the 800$ price range...
For the price range ik i wont get much but definitely a good 1080p gaming experience.
Purpose? play almost any AAA titles with decent fps low to med setting and some light editing.
Obviously i looked different up on forums, opinions, top ten list.. etc in short ive done some research and came to the conclusion > MSI GV62 8RD-200 < amazon sale this beast goes for 799
Packs a 1050ti and quadcore i5 8300H seems ok from my perspective
Everywhere i see the pros but i wanna know the cons too ..
Perfect right? yea but ....

1) Is there a better option out there?
2) Am gonna stay with it for a while later i will upgrade it...so, what are my upgrade option
>got 1 tb hdd, later i was thinking paring it with an nvme/m.2 ssd
>8gb ddr4 ram @2400, 8gb is fine but dual channel is better so i wanna throw another stick of 8gb of ram in it later 16gb is just fine
3)what about the thermals?
4)what about the screen, speakers, keyboard, trackpad? ik thats a bit too much but i wanna know
somewhat an idea of what am buying i guess thats understandable
5)whats optane exactly..? from what i understood thats like a mini ssd o_O?

Well thats about it..... ty for bearing with my atrocious english :3

Solution
Asus has a similar model with a gtx 1060 and a 120Hz TN panel. The MSI doesn't state what refresh rate the monitor has but it's an IPS panel. So the MSI might have a nicer screen visually, but most gaming monitors tend to be TN panels due to the faster response time.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA57X8EH5667

Other than that, the MSI might be the best deal out there. I couldn't find much else with a 1050ti or higher for your price range.

phaelax

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Asus has a similar model with a gtx 1060 and a 120Hz TN panel. The MSI doesn't state what refresh rate the monitor has but it's an IPS panel. So the MSI might have a nicer screen visually, but most gaming monitors tend to be TN panels due to the faster response time.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA57X8EH5667

Other than that, the MSI might be the best deal out there. I couldn't find much else with a 1050ti or higher for your price range.

Solution