Need help choosing a laptop

robo-franky

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
Hi i need help in choosing a laptop i need it for gaming i want to play recent games on ultra if possible i have about 1300$

Solution

The cheapest "common" gaming laptop is the Lenovo Y50. Screen sucks, but you can easily replace that yourself for about $130. It is well within your budget.

But like I said, wait a few weeks. Nobody seems to know if Lenovo is going to refresh the Y50 with the 970m. (The previous model got refreshed from the 650m SLI to the 750m SLI.)

Shahan sha

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
you have to choose a laptop with intel core i5 processor and ram of more than 4GB. That laptop wants a graphics accelarator.
wants to be a 64-bit os. it wants to be supporting with latest version of directX , dotnetfx ,etc...

robo-franky

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

Well like what ;-;???

Wait a few weeks. The nVidia 970m and 980m were just released, and laptops using them are slowly making their way into stores. Those GPUs are hefty enough to play recent games on ultra at 1080p.

Try searching the dedicated gaming laptop sellers like GentechPC and XoticPC to see what's available. Their prices are not always competitive with the bigger retailers, but you'll be able to find pretty much every gaming laptop under the sun on their sites.

The cheapest "common" gaming laptop is the Lenovo Y50. Screen sucks, but you can easily replace that yourself for about $130. It is well within your budget.

But like I said, wait a few weeks. Nobody seems to know if Lenovo is going to refresh the Y50 with the 970m. (The previous model got refreshed from the 650m SLI to the 750m SLI.)

Solution