Need help finding a gaming(?) laptop

GattsBerserk

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Greetings!

I have been looking here and there, looking at these forums and others in an attempt to find a laptop which I think will fit my needs but not break my wallet.

I am not looking for a desktop replacement by any means, but something to be a mobile counterpart, if lesser, for what I already do.

I am looking somthing that will support my gaming habits, currently diablo 3 ros, hearthstone, FTL, and maybe a few others not worthy of note.

Also i am interested in watching 1080p videos.

I currently have the bad habit, which my desktop supports, of doing all of this while having anywhere from 10-20 browser tabs open at any given time.

While I can cut back on having the browser tabs open while doing the other things, I do wish to have a smooth experience with games and video.

Things I think are important to have in this laptop are,
1080p resolution
128gb SSD with another 500gb of additional storage

Things I would like to have,
If windows 8.x, touchscreen support
For it to NOT be a hulking behemoth that overheats and dies in 2 hours

Budget: 1k, I would really hate to break that mark, but if its good enough and close enough, I could be convinced otherwise.

Thank you for any help and suggestions. I will continue to lurk the forums and dig through the internets for that right laptop or right deal.

GattsBerserk

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010

Looks interesting, though the ssd is small, and it seems to have some heat and keyboard issues, overall though it seems like it meets a lot of my needs, but I would like to see some alternatives.

Thanks!

tjchua

Honorable
May 30, 2012
VIDEO CARD: 750M Graphics cards will not give you much quality (Gaming wise), go for something with the 8th series it has alot of energy consumption and efficiency upgrades making your battery last long. for your budget ill suggest getting a GTX 860m.

RAM: seems like you are in a habit of leaving things open, get shit loads of ram, also if your doing alot with this laptop batter take a stronger processor than i5 4200U

I think your should check on Sager NP 8258

GTX 860M GPU with 4GB GDDR5 Video Memory
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ Processor
8GB ram
750GB ram
windows 8.1
nice vent system with back exhaust and separate fan intakes for GPU and CPU

This will cost your $1269 then adding a 120GB SSD will cost you extra $100

it might be $369 over budget but this machine has significant performance improvement not to mention that the house is built for customization.

D

Deleted member 1300495

Well the best one for you is a razer blade as it is thin, but is over your budget and is not touchscreen. Although the switchblade interface can change from game to game so it is a touchscreen on its own.

GattsBerserk

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Well, I dont know TOO much about laptops, thats why im seeking answers here, but I do think i know that the razer blade would definitely be overkill.

If there was any confusion to to my 'wants' for "For it to NOT be a hulking behemoth that overheats and dies in 2 hours" I wasnt saying im not ok with a larger 17" laptop if it fits those needs, rather saying I would not be interested in a laptop that is on the high end of weight, and or overheats like say a Lenovo y510p

The sager laptop does look interesting as well, but seems to be pretty expensive, even without a SSD OR an OS

D

Deleted member 1300495

But the razer blade fits your critera. It will also last much longer with the "Overkill" cpu and gpu"

GattsBerserk

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
It would seem so, I wont be purchasing immediately, but at this point in time the Acer V7 seems to be the best choice. Its not perfect, but it does seem to be the laptop which closely fits most of what I would like.

Thank you!