Need help finding a good laptop for school and casual gaming.

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Ok Hey guys! im new here so just learning the ropes. My friend told me to sign up here and that this place rocks so here I am.

Lets get started. I just want a Laptop with good speakers, I can play Movies on it (dvd), Can play League of Legends on it and i can do college work on it.

I bought this laptop Toshiba Black 15.6" Satellite C55D-A5333 Laptop PC
Specs are
Key Features and Benefits:

AMD A6-5200 Quad-Core processor
2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Cache

8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 16GB)
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

500GB SATA hard drive
Store 333,000 photos, 142,000 songs or 263 hours of HD video and more

SuperMulti DVD drive
Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC

AMD Radeon HD 8400 Graphics
With HDMI capabilities

Additional Features:

HD webcam
Memory card reader
1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x HDMI port
4-cell lithium-ion battery for up to 4.5 hours run time
5.3 lbs, 1.31" x 9.53" x 14.96"

Software:
Genuine Microsoft Windows 8.1

The laptop is ok and i only paid $400 for it but the main problem is the keyboard, that when you type all the key get pushed down and that the Charger it says will expose you to lead so I was just kind of worried about this laptop.

Can you guys post links to laptops that are like what im looking for or that will fit what I need it to do. I dont want to spend more the $800 not including tax.

I have tried and tried to look online and best buy is no help. also im not all to good with computer specs but I get the basics.

If you guys could please help that would be awesome!

Thank you!

Solution

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Solution

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

HEY! thanks for reply! I will check it out! How is newegg with returns? are they a pain or not? i know tiger diret was a pain and I will not longer shop from there...

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Well, i actually can't tell you, i've never shopped newegg as I live in australia where they don't ship. However, they tend to give great systems for great prices.

Of course, if there's anything you should be worrying about, it's the general build of the system. I think it's aluminium, but you should hit up some reviews just to be sure.

mowshi

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014

mowshi

Estimable
Apr 26, 2014
THIS IS WHAT I GOT AND I LOVE IT! it runs League just fine at 60fps at med settings, everything is fast and its awesome because screw windows 8

Only thing that bugs out is the side scroll on the touch pad but I just disabled it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGFP2DS/ref=oh_deta...
tHATS it and i think you will find solution here.