Need help finding a laptop

snipes76

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
1_What is your budget?
Not past $700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6inch

3_What screen resolution do you want?
As high as it can go of course

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Prefer light and portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
prefer over 5 hrs

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
All the games i use are pretty old or don't require extreme graphics. Starcraft 2 maybe in the near future?

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I am beginning to use microsoft visual studios 2008 alot for class. I also tend to stream video content online sometimes and love to multitask.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
anything over 250 gigs is great

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
I don't have a preference for where i buy from as long as the needs suit the price. Newegg, tigerdirect, direct from the manufacturers, etc

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ yrs

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvdrom is all i need. bluray would be great if there wasnt' much added cost but theres no need to have it

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no prefered brand

13_What country do you live in?
U.S.A.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am looking to use this for school, web development, entertainment, and possiblly as a small business computer (short presentations).

I am considering this laptop

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5239219&csid=ITD&body=MAIN#detailspecs

I like the price and hardware setup. Even the look is great. Textured so no fingerprints showing. The one thing im concerned with is the SU7300 duo core 2 processor 1.3ghz. Will that suit my needs? it has 4 gigs of ddr 3 ram also. Also, what do people think of the lenovo added features if they've used em. The U series seems very nice.. im just worried about speed.

Solution
Yes. The SU7300 is usually incorporated into laptops aiming to exceed 8 hours of battery life. It has a low clock speed, but still has two cores to get stuff done.

snipes76

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
Yea i was hoping 4gigs ddr3 ram compensates for something. I've nvr used a duo core 2 processor and wasn't sure on the specs. I know there r like 2.2ghz duos and stuff of the sort so 1.3ghz seemed sort of low. My understanding is because it uses very low voltages to increase battery life. Am i right?

lotri

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Yes. The SU7300 is usually incorporated into laptops aiming to exceed 8 hours of battery life. It has a low clock speed, but still has two cores to get stuff done.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS