Need help finding a new laptop for school work and light gaming

jacobsen1411

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I've had a Dell Latitude E6440 laptop since '13, i think and i feel like it's about time to upgrade to a new one. The thing is i love my pc for being small (14"), clunky and relatively powerful, but i'm having trouble finding a laptop that's not just designed to look pretty.

I'm looking for a laptop suitable for school work as well as gaming. I don't need to be able to run newer games in the ultra or even high graphics settings, i just want to be able the newer games.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help point me in the right direction.

Solution
my suggestion for budget option is the new acer e5-476g as it is pretty cheap and can run some game pretty decent, but the design maybe were just like usual laptop. if you want to spend slightly some more money, asus vivobook s15 could be your other option. if none of those i suggested fit what you want, tell me more specific about the budget and other things so i can recommend better one

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
my suggestion for budget option is the new acer e5-476g as it is pretty cheap and can run some game pretty decent, but the design maybe were just like usual laptop. if you want to spend slightly some more money, asus vivobook s15 could be your other option. if none of those i suggested fit what you want, tell me more specific about the budget and other things so i can recommend better one

Solution

jacobsen1411

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018

Thank you a lot, I have had some extremely bad experiences with Acer in the past, so I would under no circumstance buy an Acer again. However, the Asus sounds awesome. I don't necessarily mind the computer having a sleek design, I'd just prefer a clunky pc because i don't care about the design and I'd rather they spent less money on design and more on the actual hardware. But again thanks a lot!