Need help finding new laptop

dendra

Honorable
Jul 15, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm getting a new laptop, and am overwhelmed by options. I'm hoping you can help narrow things down. Here is what I need:

1. Budget - $1000 - $1300
2. 15" - 16" screen size
3. Not picky about screen resolution
4. I need a portable laptop.
5. I'd like to have about 4 hours of battery life.
6. I like to play downloadable games like Farm Up, My Tribe, Fishdom 3 and Life Quest. I get nearly all my games from Bigfish.com, and play them on normal levels.
7. I want to surf, watch the occasional movie/TV show, listen to music on iTunes , and do some very basic office work in addition to gaming.
8. I need between 500 - 750 GB of storage. I'd like it to spin at 7500 rpm.
9. I don't have a specific site to buy from.
10. I want to keep my laptop 3-4 years.
11. I need a DVD ROM/Writer optical drive. (Mostly for movies)
12. I don't like Dell or HP thank to poor customer service and poor build on a Dell in the past. Other than that, brand doesn't matter.
13. I live in the United States.
14. I need a laptop with Windows 7 and one that can run cool when gaming. Ideally I'd prefer a 4th generation Intel chip, but it's not a must-have.

Thank you for your help!

Solution
Wow, You dont play high end games. So you could go really cheap. Check this laptop, Its thin, Have an I5 with HD 4000 enough for your games and Movies.
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-x550cadb51-p-6123.html
Click Customize, and go to the option that says primary hard drive and select an SSD, for you this will be the biggest upgrade, 7200rpm??? pfff, ssd its a F1 car while the 7500rpm HDD its a Jetta. Its expensive, yes but its worthy. Keep going down and select a blue ray drive. And you are done. You have A Fast Multimedia laptop, that meets your needs for your games, with enough storage for your movies. Good luck

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Wow, You dont play high end games. So you could go really cheap. Check this laptop, Its thin, Have an I5 with HD 4000 enough for your games and Movies.
http://www.xoticpc.com/asus-x550cadb51-p-6123.html
Click Customize, and go to the option that says primary hard drive and select an SSD, for you this will be the biggest upgrade, 7200rpm??? pfff, ssd its a F1 car while the 7500rpm HDD its a Jetta. Its expensive, yes but its worthy. Keep going down and select a blue ray drive. And you are done. You have A Fast Multimedia laptop, that meets your needs for your games, with enough storage for your movies. Good luck

Solution