Need Help For A Good Laptop with reasonable gaming performance !

akash123able

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
1. What is your budget? $700 Max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13 inch is the preference but 14 will also be ok !

3. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, it's for college.

4. How much battery life do you need? ~anything more than 5 hours

5. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Med-low is fine.

6. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? I'm gonna do a course in Information and Technology ! So mostly C,C++ and java
7. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB is probably enough

8. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. No specific site

9. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least the 4 years of undergrad.

10. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? No preference

11. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons :- I don't have a preference on brands, but I would prefer one with good customer service and provides international warranty . (even if it doesnot please provide me your choice )

13. What country do you live in? India but I'm gonna buy it in the US as my cousins live there

that has intel HD graphics. It won't be able to play anything heavy at all. Any $400 laptop could beat that machine.

Lenovo y410p - its $20 more but it's the most powerful thing for the budget.

akash123able

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Thank You for the reply but I want only a 13 or 14 inch laptop which isn't heavy too could you help me

akash123able

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Thanks for the advice but it costs around 800$ I want something cheaper than that

well, if you want the ability to atleast play your games at all, you're going to have to save up a bit more, I don't know of any laptops of 14' that have a gt740M (that would be ideal) at this budget