Need help!! Laptop stuck at blue screen. Spinning dots with please wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2018
So this might be long but I'm trying to give as much detail as I can.

I had to do a clean reset of my PC about 2 weeks ago because it wasn't working. Ever since I did that it takes me at least 30 mins to get to the login screen. Power on - black screen for 10 mins or so - ROG symbol now shows, hangs for another 10 mins or so until the dots show up and it starts to load - then it stays there for awhile until it boots to login screen. As problematic as that was I dealt with it because I could actually use my PC. Well when I started it up today and went through this process it now gets stuck at a blue screen with spinning dots saying "please wait". I've tried waiting for 30mins - 1hr and nothing changes. Fed up I attempted to get into the advanced startup options menu when I boot by pressing the F keys but because it literally takes at least 30mins I'm sitting here spamming the key but can never actually get into the advanced options.

I am stuck because I can't even try to reset, repair, or anything of the sort. I'm not just letting it sit at his blue screen until something happens or someone here can help me.

Asus laptop, windows 10

Update- after about in hour at the blue please wait screen I finally got the the windows login screen but all I can see if the time and today's date. Cursor is able to move but I can't do anything else.

Solution
Try starting up the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly. If it will, then there is probably something there shouldn't be on the device. Bad program, virus, malware, etc., that would have to be removed. If, however, it still won't start up correctly in "Safe Mode" then it may just be a hardware problem.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe...
Try starting up the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if it will load correctly. If it will, then there is probably something there shouldn't be on the device. Bad program, virus, malware, etc., that would have to be removed. If, however, it still won't start up correctly in "Safe Mode" then it may just be a hardware problem.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Solution
Jan 9, 2019

How fix windows8.1 if it with blue screen please wait stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.