Need help locating drivers for a CyberPower Laptop (HFX7-1000)

DJBolivia

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
I have a CyberPower PC, specifically the HFX7-1000. My intent after purchasing it was to upgrade both the SSD (OS) and the HDD (data drive). However, I ran into minor problems because they installed win8 with the second drive attached, and the boot manager ended up on the data drive.

Anyway, I decided to pull both drives and substitute for a new larger SSD and HDD, and do a clean install of windows. The only problem is that drivers were not installed to make the internet work, either through a cable or wireless. I tried to find drivers online, with no luck.

I do not have an original drivers DVD to assist, and don't believe I can easily get one from the vendor (through Staples). Any idea where I could find this? Or download drivers to get me up and running. I've had a devil of a time trying to locate drivers for any of the hardware, with no luck.

The NIC's VEN/DEV is 1969/0034
The Ethernet VEN/DEV is 1969/E091

Running Speccy gives me this info on the MB:
Chipset Vendor: Intel
Chipset Model: ID0C04
Chipset Revision: 06
Southbridge Vendor: Intel
Southbridge ModeL; ID8C4B
Southbridge Revision: 05

I'm just not having any luck find ANY drivers that for any of these devices for windows. If I can get drivers to get an internet connection on the laptop, then I should be able to start updating all the other drivers for the system and finish my windows installation. But it's a catch-22 ... any programs that scan the computer and automatically update drivers need the internet to work. And I've run out of options looking manually. I don't think CyberPower seems to publish a whole lot of useful material for effecting repairs.

And trying to get the original drivers DVD that came with the laptop is currently impossible ... it is probably in a storage facility 6000kms from my current location, in a building that is not winter-accessible due to the Canadian snow.

Would really appreciate any advice that anyone can provide. I'm not technically illiterate by any means, although this problem seems to be pushing the limits of my hobby knowledge.

- Jonathan Clark

DJBolivia

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
OK, I think I found them. I've got wireless working now, so I assume I'll be OK for everything else.

Interesting that an internet search gave me the wrong device name. I tried putting the old drives back in, ran Speccy again, got a different model number, and was able to find working drivers quickly.

Another exciting Saturday night.