NEED HELP PICKING A LAPTOP

Jun 25, 2019
Hi, my laptop broke recently and I need a new one FAST, but who knew that there were so many laptops to choose from. Please help!

Things I’m looking for:
•2-in-1; I want a flexible laptop that can double as a tablet, touchscreen
•Portable, small, and compact; I want something I can easily travel with, nothing too big
•I like to play the Sims, so something that can accommade that as well
•I’m a Computer Science Major, so I need something that has enough space to house all of my required software [I’m a student so made you can find a laptop with a student discount:)]
•And the overall feel and design to be nice and sleek! Also, I like the idea of having a laptop that works with a stylus pen.

I hope I’m not asking for too much, but I really need help. My budget is $800—give or take. Let me know if my budget is unreasonable for the things that I want. I would prefer to spend more on a long-lasting laptop than less on a cheap one that’ll break in two years.

Thank you so much!

If you are looking for a 2-1 laptop then you will get lower reliability. No way a complex form factor can be as reliable as a standard laptop.

This may be OK https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ultrabook-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Fingerprint/dp/B07CNVG2CD/ref=sr_1_23?fst=as:eek:ff&qid=1561570987&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289793011&rnid=676578011&s=pc&sr=1-23

If you want something higher end that is really a tablet with a keyboard, MS Surface may be good but those with a 256gb drive are about $1,000 and up unless you get a used one.

SIMS should run fine on any modern system but you may need to keep it at medium settings for most 2-1 systems in your price range.

Reactions: NaturalDistr
Jun 25, 2019
If you are looking for a 2-1 laptop then you will get lower reliability. No way a complex form factor can be as reliable as a standard laptop.

This may be OK https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ultrabook-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Fingerprint/dp/B07CNVG2CD/ref=sr_1_23?fst=as:eek:ff&qid=1561570987&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289793011&rnid=676578011&s=pc&sr=1-23

If you want something higher end that is really a tablet with a keyboard, MS Surface may be good but those with a 256gb drive are about $1,000 and up unless you get a used one.

SIMS should run fine on any modern system but you may need to keep it at medium settings for most 2-1 systems in your price range.

Thank you so much!