Need help with a laptop recommendation

Dariaa

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
i spend at least 14hours daily on my laptop mostly watching tv shows. i am not really a gamer yet but i am planning on becoming one so i guess a pretty good graphics card is a must.
so i'm basically looking for a laptop that looks good(preferably colorful, don't judge me) performs well (ie. won't start frying up after a couple of hours), 15inch display would be great 14 would do too. and of course good for gaming. and most importantly one that will LAST LONG! under $1000. is there such a laptop out there? tell me there is..please.

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Though you have posted pretty much every details, still answer these questions for more precise recommendations:

1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Dariaa

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
budget: 1000 is the limit..but i would love it if i can buy one within 800.
the size is not really a factor ..i'm not that into this compact craze. i would prefer a 15inch display though.
storage 1TB (any less won't be a deal breaker though)
like i said i'm going to try becoming a gamer so i can't list what games i wanna play..just think of all the popular ones that demand a lot from your machine.
laptop has to be portable but not lenovo yoga level portable.
battery life...medium.
i need my laptop to last as long as a laptop possibly can. i am hating this deciding process as it is.
my laptop is for entertainment only. it will not be tasked with anything else.
i live in bagladesh. but i can have someone bring me the laptop from wherever necessary.
no brand preference. although hp has sorta disappointed me a little.
no site preference either.
think i answered all the questions.

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
At this price range, the best overall price to performance(at least on my part) is the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK at ~$780. You'll probably be always near an outlet for you because, it's a laptop and it needs charging. India is a big country so try to find it locally first or on indian online stores but here's the amazon link anyway:

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1469557012&sr=1-1&keywords=Dell+15.6-Inch+Gaming+Laptop+%286th+Gen+Intel+Quad-Core+i5-6300HQ+Processor+up+to+3.2GHz%2C+8GB+DDR3%2C+256GB+SSD%2C+Nvidia+GeForce+GTX+960M%2C+Windows+10%29

Key features: Core i5 6300HQ(6th gen), GTX 960M 4GB, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10
The main drawback for YOU would be the colour, so check it out. I strongly recommend it though at this price range. I'm not a gamer but for me, popular games means DOTA 2, LoL, Overwatch, WoW, COD, Battlefield, Minecraft(very popular xD), GTA series, FIFA, CS:GO and this laptop is enough for these games though it is recommended to check their requirements first.

Dariaa

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
definitely getting a cooling pad. but are asus laptops reliable? has to last long. has to be sturdy.

Dariaa

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
this one actually seems the one except for the color of course. i will check it out for sure. dell is a good brand right? reliable?

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Both ASUS and Dell are reliable. ASUS has more gaming oriented gaming laptops while the Dell have only a few ones. ASUS also has chassis(shell/body) more like a typical gaming laptop.