Need help with choosing a laptop.

PortaXerouli55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I currently have found only three laptops that kinda match my standards. These are:
1. Turbo-X Blade GS i3n40-450 2VR Laptop
2. Turbo-X Blade GT i7n-650 Laptop
3. Dell Inspiron 3543 Laptop.

The thing is that i am kinda leaning on Turbo-X Blade GT i7n-650 Laptop because of the CPU's speed and the good amount of RAM, but i might end up playing a game or two and watch HD movies or something so that ruins it a bit because of the GPU (obviously). I am going to university this year and i am going to stick to the laptop i am going to choose now for 4 years, that's why i need some opinions and help if needed to choose the "right" one for me. If you think these laptops aren't that great, please say so. If you could also suggest another one or two i would really appreciate it. My budget is restricted to 599 euros. I don't feel like going more than 600 euros cause that would be pointless.. it's just a laptop. Although, if you believe that there's a really good laptop with a little bit more than 600 euros i might consider it so feel free to suggest some that are off my budget.

I forgot to mention that i need a laptop that has a really good CPU speed (2.4 GHz and up), a good amount of RAM (4 GB or more) and a GPU that is not specifically for gaming and it's not too bad. I don't really care if it has an HDD or an SSD i doubt that this will affect me that much since it's just a matter of transfer speed and such (or something like that). What i just described is similar to the Turbo-X Blade GT i7n-650 Laptop so yeah..

Solution
I've done the numbers, and it appears that you can't get any better than the i3n40-450 2VR for the price. Its combination of a nice non-ULV Haswell i3 and a GeForce 840M ensure a decent lifetime as a multimedia and productivity laptop.

metalicgeek

Estimable
Are you sure you correctly identified the Turbo-X Blade GT i7n-650? The links I am reading indicate that it comes equipped with a dual-core i7 CPU from four years ago. It would not be modern at all by today's standards, and it's likely that the Turbo-X Blade GS i3n40-450 2VR, which comes with an i3-4000M, will be faster in every respect, including CPU speed and modern gaming.

PortaXerouli55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
There is no mistake in the names of the laptops i listed. I believe that you can tell that i am no expert in judging and comparing hardware, so if you could enlighten me a bit i would be really thankful. From what you wrote, the best option of those 3 is the Turbo-X Blade GS i3n40-450 2VR Laptop. If you have any other laptop suggestions that could be around the same price range and of course better than the Turbo-X Blade GS i3n40-450 2VR Laptop, please don't hesitate providing some more help. :)

(EDIT) I have a question though... Why do you think the Intel® Core i3 4000M CPU is better than the Intel Core i7-2620M? Just by comparing those two you can see that the i7-2620M is better than the i3 4000M. I don't necessarily believe that modern is always better, but if there is something i am missing please inform me about it.

metalicgeek

Estimable

I've gathered that you are from Greece, as Turbo-Blade is a Greek OEM. Can you give me the highest amount of money in euros that you are comfortable spending, as well as any websites or suppliers that you want to buy from?

PortaXerouli55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

metalicgeek

Estimable
I've done the numbers, and it appears that you can't get any better than the i3n40-450 2VR for the price. Its combination of a nice non-ULV Haswell i3 and a GeForce 840M ensure a decent lifetime as a multimedia and productivity laptop.

Solution