need help with drivers

nayfnayf

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Okay, so i have two computers, one desktop and one laptop, the desktop has its OS on an SSD which is only 120 GB the SSD i have in my laptop is 500 GB. I want to put the laptop hard drive in my desktop, but i am unsure how to get the appropriate drivers on the hard drive i want to put in the desktop.

Solution
You'll need to back up all your files you want to keep and do a clean install of the drive once you swap it into the desktop. Otherwise the configuration from the hardware for your laptop will remain in the system registry and more often than not will cause no end of troubles with incompatibility and resource confusion. If you had already planned to do that and are just concerned about the drivers for the install, you just need to go to your motherboard or pre-built systems website and find the appropriate drivers for the model number and windows version, save them to an external or secondary drive and then update them after the install.
You'll need to back up all your files you want to keep and do a clean install of the drive once you swap it into the desktop. Otherwise the configuration from the hardware for your laptop will remain in the system registry and more often than not will cause no end of troubles with incompatibility and resource confusion. If you had already planned to do that and are just concerned about the drivers for the install, you just need to go to your motherboard or pre-built systems website and find the appropriate drivers for the model number and windows version, save them to an external or secondary drive and then update them after the install.

Solution