Need help with gaming laptop purchase

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hello community. I am here to ask you 2 questions on gaming laptop purchase. I am going to fill the list for 2 hypothetical laptops, because I do not know my budget yet (I'll explain at the end of the post), so one is going to be what I want with a really high budget and the second is going to be with a guaranteed budget. Laptop 1 is going to be the guaranteed budget, Laptop 2 is going to be what I want. So let's fill the list.

1. What is your budget?
Laptop 1 - 1000-1200$
Laptop 2 - As cheap as you can make it without compromising performance. Cut something when the money it saves is double the performance it loses and to up it it has to be at most quadruple the money for double the performance.

2. What is the size of the notebook you are considering?
Laptop 1/2 - Bigger than 13", otherwise it's fine.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Laptop 1 - Would like FullHD, absolute minimum 1366x768.
Laptop 2 - Would like 4k, but if its 15" or less 3k is fine.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Laptop 1/2 - Mostly desktop replacement, but would like some degree of portability to carry it between houses and to school and back. Don't mind if it's heavy.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Laptop 1/2 -
Internet browsing 3/4h+
Gaming/Intensive Applications 1h+ (But that's not really important cause when using such applications I will mostly be plugged in)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Games (equal for both ofc) - Watch Dogs, Kerbal Space Program, Mass Effect 4, Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Next-Gen Titles (Maybe some PS4/XBOne emulation when its ready).
Laptop 1 - Low/Medium Graphics
Laptop 2- High/Max Graphics (for max I am willing to turn down the resolution to Full HD/2k/3k)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Laptop 1/2 - In order of importance:(On and Offline) Gaming, 3d Modelling/Rendering/Animating, Photo/Video Editing, Internet Browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750GB HDD min. Would like 1TB+ HDD and 128GB+ SSD for OS/games/most used apps.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am not considering specific sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2/3 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dont need but would like a DVD ROM, Bluray writer would be nice.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No brand preference, but sortof dislike Alienware because of overprice, but if that's the only/best option no problem.

13. What country do you live in?
Portugal (Buying anywhere in the European Union is fine)

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Ok, so, for Laptop 1 I have an idea which is the Lenovo Y510p with 16GB of RAM and Dual GT 755m. That was for about 1200$.
Laptop 2 - I would like a 3d screen if possible but if not that's ok (probably asking too much but, hey :D). I would also like it to be 120hz on FullHD if possible. Please give me the laptop brand name, model, configuration and of course, the price :D
Would like to purchase as soon as possible although I dont mind waiting a month or 2 for laptop 2.
Thank you for your time. I'll try to reply as fast as possible.

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Hmm... Some things. First the Y510p had 16GB of ram so I would like that for extra laptop lifetime. Second I do not need OS. Third I wanted to play watch dogs on max but I guess that's not happening :D What's the cheapest laptop with some quality with a GTX 880m? Fourth I dont own or plan to purchase a AC or Dual band router. Fifth I would like a bigger SSD for games. Sixth I know that that particular model will come with 4k displays on July. How much more expensive would that cost, with the necessary hardware upgrades for decent framerates? Thats all thank you for the quick response.

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Yeah, I'm probably not gonna get a 880m... :( I wanted to run watch dogs maxed out.

even an 880M wouldn't run watch dogs matched out. It's unoptimised and unstable. Even desktop 780s have issues with it.
the cheapest you can get an 880M laptop without an OS would be for around $1550 - xoticpc.com search the sager 8258. You can also add an extra SSD at your own cost.
4k for laptops is impossible to game on fluently. even with an 880M or even a dual 880M. The resolution is stupid to have and utterly pointless.
the y50 4k upgrade should happen within the next 3 months or so and cost 200-300$ extra. but the 860M won't handle games at 4k at all.

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

I was saying watch dogs maxed out on FullHD not 4k.
I might just pull the trigger on a Asus G750J(M/S/Z). Probably going to go for the M unless I find some sweet deals. No prob with used stuff if its in good condition. Would I be able to upgrade the graphics card in the future? CPU is no prob.
UPDATE: Deciding between asus and sager

no even on 1080p, SLI 880M won't max out watch dogs. That thing is terrible to run with.
Asus has far better quality of build and cooling but at a premium price.
extra RAM like 16GB will not help for future proofing at all.
You will not be able to upgrade GPUs in any laptops, in a sager you can upgrade the CPU. IF you attempt to upgrade the Asus your warranty may be voided.
id personally get the asus jz if I had the money.

Ph4nt0m

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Yeah... The prob is that I dont have the money... I may end up pulling the trigger on a desktop if I see that there are no good laptops.