NEED HELP with gaming laptop!

CGoselin

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
When it comes to computers I don't know a thing about them! I know how to use one but not anything that deals with how it runs or what you need or what makes a computer good or anything like that. So here's my issue, since I don't know anything about computers I need some help deciding on a good gaming laptop! I want to get a laptop for a few reasons: For traveling, I'm also going to use it for school work and watching Netflix and I don't want to sit at a desk but rather sit on my couch or go to Starbucks or something like that! I found one I like but again don't know anything, the games I want to play and run SMOOTHLY ( No lag, at least but hopefully more 60+ fps ). Minecraft, CSGO, and H1Z1! my budget is $1000 but if it's like $1060 I'll go for it! And if there's a cheaper laptop that can still do that I wouldnt mind saving a few bucks! Thank you!!

Carnaxus

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
So I'm gonna start out by just throwing links at ya:

ASUS FX502VM-AS73

MSI GL72 7RD-028

Acer Aspire VX 15 with i7 CPU and 1050Ti GPU

Acer Aspire VX 15 with i5 CPU and 1050 GPU

ASUS K501UW-AB78

Ok, now for the fun details. All three are very good manufacturers, well-versed in what gaming computers need.

All five laptops are pretty similar. The ASUS FX502 has the best GPU, with a GTX 1060; the MSI GL72 has the biggest screen, at 17.3". The two Acer laptops are almost identical; the difference is that one has an i7 and a 1050Ti, while the other has an i5 and a plain 1050. The last one, the ASUS K501, seems to be from the previous generation of gaming computers; it's got an i7, but only a GTX 960M and 8GB RAM. It's still a good computer, but it may not stack up to the other four. It is by far the cheapest option, of course.

If you're willing to pay the small extra for them, I'd go with either the first ASUS or the first Acer.

Carnaxus

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
That seems comparable to the MSI one I suggested; however, keep in mind that that one has only 8GB RAM instead of 16GB like the one I found. That could cause Minecraft to slow down as well. Your choice does have a slightly better GPU, a 1050Ti instead of just a 1050; however, it also does not have a secondary HDD, meaning 120GB is all you get. Also, the one I suggested is about $80 cheaper.

J_E_D_70

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
The Acer I mentioned is on sale at Microcenter for $1k and has twice the RAM and SSD of the one you linked plus a 1050ti.

It got a low review but there is only one and that person had a problem so can't really go with that.

Carnaxus

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017

I didn't see where it said "free upgrade to 16GB RAM;" that's the same amount as the one I posted. The one I posted has a 128GB SSD and a 1TB HDD; the one you posted only has a 120GB SSD.

Carnaxus

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
My own personal preference is something along the lines of "f*** Dell," so I'm already leaning towards the MSI; that being said, the Dell does come with a better CPU. I think you should wait for more responses before you absolutely commit, but between just those two I would go with the Dell.

Solution