Need help with record player setup!!

dgomez_19

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I really want to start getting into vinyl so I have been looking into buying an Audio Technica LP60 turntable and I need to know what type of setup I would need to get it going. I know the turntable has a preamp built in but no internal speakers. I have some cheap basic speakers that are connected through audio wires(positive/negative wires). No other inputs are located in the back of speakers at all except those wires. I definitely want to hook of these speakers to the turntable but I know there is no where to connect the wires to. I do not own a receiver or amplifier. So how will I go about hooking up the turntable to these speakers? I am a noob when it comes to this but I'm willing to learn and understand so I can have a decent turntable setup. Thank you.

also if there is any other brand/type of record player you might recommend for beginners would be greatly appreciated.

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hmm if u have not bought anything i suggest you drop down to the 2 channel sub forums of AVS and long story short - used TT are prolly likely to be your best bet and hidden gems may be floating nearby :p Get better speakers also helps in better SQ