Need help with specs for new laptop (I know nothing)

TheAlmightyProo

Estimable
May 3, 2015
So, this is gonna be my big question session but if anyone can help It'd be much appreciated and I'd be saved...
My old laptop is nearing the end and rather than go ahead with my planned desktop build I've found that I'll have to travel to game soon (best friend is moving away)
So I want a gaming laptop. I found some with cyberpower which seem to give the most to best fit my budget of around £1200 but I'm wondering (as I know nothing)...
Is there a huge difference between a GTX970m 3Gb and the same with 6Gb aside from the obvious VRAM size? I mostly play strategy games like total war and company of heroes etc with the odd fps. How would a GTX970m do performance wise for that?
I've read that an i7 5700HQ offers a slight increase in performance over the i7 4710MQ but is that an issue at all? Would it be worth upgrading to an i7 4810MQ?
Anybody had a cyberpower laptop? Were they any good? What's the cooling like? Do they have G-sync? (it doesn't say)

I'm interested in the BX6-300 or the HX7-200. here's the links:

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Fangbook_III_BX6-300

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/FANGBOOK_III_HX7-200

Finally, if anyone has any other good options within my budget that'll be awesome.
Sorry for all the rapid fire questions. I'm finding it tricky to get to grips with laptop specs, desktops are more straight forward I find.
Massive thanks in advance for any help, advice or light shed.

TheAlmightyProo

Estimable
May 3, 2015

Yeah I think you're right. That one is the one I was edging for tbh. The specs are amazing compared to my current laptop (HP with AMD A6) The CPU is better, quad core with more power and the GPU has 6x the VRAM... If I need to use a bigger screen (for something like Elite: Dangerous) I can always plug it into my TV (that should work right?) and being a 15" it'll be easier to travel around with it in my rucksack (I had a 17" Acer a few years ago and going anywhere with it was a chore)
I think I'll take the cooling pad option and an Xbox One controller too.
Thanks matey. I just needed a little 'go for it!'... Next thing is downloading my Steam library on our awful broadband connection (2.8 Mbps tops) lol...