Need Laptop Recommendations

Invio

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
1. What is your budget? Less than 500 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Less than 13 inches, so its portable.

3. What screen resolution do you want? doesnt matter

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5. How much battery life do you need? not sure

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mainly programming and running none graphics programs, and some light media playback (Youtube/music)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? SSD > HDD, more than 40gigs is good

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. any

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Doesn't need to be future proof

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Less is better, I dont use optical drives

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Im okay with whatever brand is suggested.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I already have a desktop pc that does all the heavy lifting, I just want a fast (in terms of CPU) laptop that is portable. And i dont really care about the graphics capabilities aslong as it can run vlc and a webbrowser.

Thanks in advance, I really appriciated.

*Quick update, if it doesn't come with windows or an OS in general even better. :)

SNA3

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

This is your best choice but it is 14 inch .. ThinkPAD is very durable and good.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e431/

try to call them to lower it 50$ without system

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Lenovo ThinkPad is good, you can also try HP Pavilion g6, HP Pavilion g6 comes in multiple color options and your choice of a Core i3 CPU (the Pavilion g6t, for more processing punch) or AMD APU (the Pavilion g6z, for more graphics muscle)

Invio

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the recommendations I think ill vo with the lenovo. I like the design and it meets all my criteria, just need to talk to them one of this days too see if theyll take of the os. And if they do ill probably buy it then. Thanks again for the recommendations, really appreciate it.

SNA3

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

you are welcome ,

Please select best answer if you wish.

Invio

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

----------------------------------------

I cant seem to pick you as best answer, well for the sake of saying it I liked your answer best. And as far as getting it, just got off from chatting with a representative and they told me no. Going to see if talking to them in via phone will change things (doudt it though). Ill post something if I'm able to get it without the OS so if someone is looking for a Lenovo laptop without an os they will know if its possible.

SNA3

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Well I guess you get it then , it is just $539 with Free shipping ...

and it is discounted was 599$

Use eCoupon:
THINKSUMMER

on the street is selling for $560 .. dont miss it . this is a good offer.