Need new gaming headphones

Solution
For the headphones I would look into a pair of HD 558s. They are really comfortable and should work well for gaming. However I would recommend to at least try them out before you buy them. Their sound profile isn't for everyone. My local bestbuy has a Magnolia section and they had several Sennheisers on display including the 558. I'm not sure about yours.

For the mic you could look into any cheap 3.5mm boom mic. It should work fine. If you can stretch your budget an Antlion Modmic ($50) would be ideal.

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
I'd get a pair of ATH-M30x's and buy a stand-alone or clip-on mic, you could also use ModMic for a bit more. These are much better quality than any similarly priced gaming headphones.

kennykyle

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013

They look very uncomfortable.

frag06

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013
Some say they are uncomfortable, but it's usually because they are a bit tight out-of-the-box. A quick stretching takes care of that and they are then very comfortable.

Maybe look at the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's too. They are a bit more expensive than the M30x's, but they are great headphones.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
For the headphones I would look into a pair of HD 558s. They are really comfortable and should work well for gaming. However I would recommend to at least try them out before you buy them. Their sound profile isn't for everyone. My local bestbuy has a Magnolia section and they had several Sennheisers on display including the 558. I'm not sure about yours.

For the mic you could look into any cheap 3.5mm boom mic. It should work fine. If you can stretch your budget an Antlion Modmic ($50) would be ideal.

Solution