Need new laptop for school

Kristofer_2

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
So, I am looking into getting a new Laptop for school, I'm going to be entering my Senior year this fall and then off to college! My current laptop is only 3-4 years old but according to diagnostics both the GPU and HDD are failing, and I know for a fact that the LCD cable is bad because the screen goes crazy unless its at a certain angle! (note that my laptop is now out of warranty and the LCD screen was ALREADY replaced once while it was still in warranty...) any who... I would absolutely love an Apple MacBook Pro, I love the way they work, I love them for educational purposes, etc... no hate against any Windows PC's, it's just my personal opinion, however, the budget can not afford a MacBook, at least not right now... So I've built my own computer I do know quite a lot about electronics, and am a huge tech nerd, but I just would like some others opinions on what to get. The laptop will mostly be used for Education, but other than that not too much gaming, at the exception of something like Minecraft or something else light.. I would prefer it to have a decent boot-up speed, an SSD would be nice, but I am willing to budge on that one... Thanks!

Solution
Solution

Kristofer_2

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

Thanks!!

TBVG33

Prominent
Apr 14, 2017

I don't recommend zenbooks, I've heard that they break in under a year because of the terrible screen hinge

Kristofer_2

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015

I appreciate your recommendation.