Need to find app

coltengust

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Do you guys know of any app or feature on android where if you enter one password, it takes your normal phone, but if you enter a different one it takes you to a guest version of your phone?

Solution
Would not expect that to be viable....

Overall, my recommendation would be not too implement such usage.

Reduces your security to just one "level", i.e., a password versus two levels (username and user password).

While I understand the implied convenience you should reconsider. And you can always just select "Guest" sans any password if you loan your phone to a friend or family member.

Take a close look at your Android phone and its guest related functions. There may be some existing options that will serve just as well without compromising or complicating your phone. Third party apps can easily be a security risk due to some error of omission or commission. Or just plain criminal intent.
Would not expect that to be viable....

Overall, my recommendation would be not too implement such usage.

Reduces your security to just one "level", i.e., a password versus two levels (username and user password).

While I understand the implied convenience you should reconsider. And you can always just select "Guest" sans any password if you loan your phone to a friend or family member.

Take a close look at your Android phone and its guest related functions. There may be some existing options that will serve just as well without compromising or complicating your phone. Third party apps can easily be a security risk due to some error of omission or commission. Or just plain criminal intent.

Solution