Need USB soundcard for surround reciever.

Mar 16, 2018
I am beginning to need space for more hard drives in my HTPC and the only way for me to do that as i see it, is to install a sata controller on my PCIE port. Thing is i only have one besides the one my graphic card is in. The last one is used on my soundcard i need because of optical output.
I have looked around and i kinda liked the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD but as i see it, it is only in stereo. But do i need to concern myself with that since i use pass through? If that doesnt work can then anyone recommend a good USB sound card for surround?

Mar 16, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mkb0506 : "Need USB soundcard for surround reciever."

I am beginning to need space for more hard drives in my HTPC and the only way for me to do that as i see it, is to install a sata controller on my PCIE port. Thing is i only have one besides the one my graphic card is in. The last one is used on my soundcard i need because of optical output.
I have looked around and i kinda liked the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD but as i see it, it is only in stereo. But do i need to concern myself with that since i use pass through? If that doesnt work can then anyone recommend a good USB sound card for surround?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Audio 1
P Audio 0
Sound guy Audio 1
HarryGRGamer Audio 0
V Audio 4
Nonamekeke Audio 0
C Audio 1
S Audio 2
W Audio 8
G Audio 1
M Audio 8