Netbook for coding (maybe minecraft)?

spiku

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Hi guys, wanting to pick up a portable system for picking up PHP in my downtime. Right now I'm looking at getting an ASUS 1025CE, but it can't hurt checking in with you chaps:

1. What is your budget?
Up to around £400?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
10-12"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1366 x 768 but 1024x600 is fine

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Just something to type on really, only coding php, skyping and sending mail. Though being able to run Minecraft would be nice!

5. How much battery life do you need?
I used to have a 1000HE with 10 hour battery life easily, so longer is better to me. Gosh I wish I didn't leave that on a plane

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Nope! But minecraft on low settings would be nice

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Watch youtube? Put silly videos on the TV

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Who cares

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Nah

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Not all that bothered.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have no real preference, but I've mostly worked with PCs

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
None that I can think of~ I've been told I should just consider getting a tablet with a bluetooth keyboard but I don't know, that's why I'm here.

TRENDING THREADS