Solved! Netflix on PC through TV with Soundbar.

asumah

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I am sorry if this is an easy question, but I have found it hard to find a straight answer from googleing.

I want to basically use my PC as a media centre, since I have many TBs of shows and movies on there, and to obviously use Netflix and other streaming.

My question is, if the PC is connected to the TV via HDMI and the soundbar is connected to the TV through the HDMI-ARC, will the sound from Netflix in the browser come though in Atmos, is the soundbar getting the audio info through Netflix or is it based on the audio capabilities of my PC?

Same question for Vision and HDR, is it the TV that decides the output or the PC.

I get the feeling this is a really stupid question, based on how it works on Consoles, but I just want to be sure.

Solution
If your connect the PC to the TV with HDMI you will get the best picture that your PC can send to the TV. It would have to have HDMI 2.0 for the TV to accept it as an UHD source.
Problem is that the TV won't pass lossless audio like Dolby True HD or Atmos through to the soundbar.
To get the best result you will need to connect the PC to an HDMI input on the soundbar. The soundbar has to have an HDMI output to be able to pass through the video correctly to get UHD and HDR on the TV.
If your connect the PC to the TV with HDMI you will get the best picture that your PC can send to the TV. It would have to have HDMI 2.0 for the TV to accept it as an UHD source.
Problem is that the TV won't pass lossless audio like Dolby True HD or Atmos through to the soundbar.
To get the best result you will need to connect the PC to an HDMI input on the soundbar. The soundbar has to have an HDMI output to be able to pass through the video correctly to get UHD and HDR on the TV.

Solution