Netflix: Profits Up 45%, Ten Million Customers Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

saljr

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Last year there deliver service in Sacramento,Ca distribution centers was very poor. This just temperate 45% increase, I own subscribe once a year if that (unlimited 8 plan) and share the cost with my two neighbors. Only 10 of then are worth watching per year and if that.

G

"McCarthy credited the movie streaming feature of his company for the profits increase."

A big win for Microsoft Silverlight - the technology this is built upon.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Netflix is great. People need entertainment at a good price during tough times. And their 8.99/month package allowing 1 DVD at a time and unlimited online viewing is awesome. To hell with Blockbuster and their $5 rentals. I drop it off in the mailbox without having to walk 6 blocks and back to the nearest Blockbuster.

I've been averaging 2 DVD's only per month though with my viewing tardiness.

richwag

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Let's see them buy decent servers for HD content streaming now.

Servers aren't the issue, bandwidth is. Top rate currently is 2.2Mbps from netflix. I find the quality is superior to that offered from Amazon unbox but not as good as say ABC's player.

A big win for Microsoft Silverlight - the technology this is built upon.

Not quite. Silverlight is an option for watch it now, but you have to opt in to use it.

For Vista Media Center users there's a couple of excellent plug ins that let you do watch it now from with VMC.

bf2gameplaya

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2008
Netflix gives me what I've always wanted at price I can afford.

I was a 3/mth (varied cost @ $17-$21) customer for years, then went to 1/mth+Roku ($8!) and never looked back. It's perfect for big screen CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.