Netgear N900 not connecting my computer to internet

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
My Netgear wifi will not connect my computer to the internet. What happened? It was working then the next morning it wasn't.

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
I have Time Warner and when I connect directly to modem internet works. When I plug into router I don't have internet. I pushed the reset button on router when nothing worked.

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

If I don't have internet when plugged into router how can I login to Netgear and reset router or get updates.
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to computers as far as the tech part.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
No no, you log into the router itself. To do so, all you have to do is hook up your computer to the router. Then open up your browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the URL bar. This will take you to a login screen. The login for most routers is usually admin and the password is password most of the time.

Brigittet

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
I have a netgear router and time warner cable modem and unable to connect to the internet. Spoke to TWC and was told they are having issues with connecting netgear routers and that engineers from netgear and TWC are working on the issue. You can connect to the modem directly without problems.

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

I did that dovah-chan and nothing worked. I plugged into the LAN1 slot and tried and then the ethernet slot and tried....nothing.

Brigittet I was given the netgear number and the technician said he could fix it for $199 and that would cover all electronics assistance for 12 months or a 6 mo. for 99. I said no then he said for a one time fix it woulod be 39.95 if he was able to fix it. That was a Netgear Tech i called. Time Warner gave me the number.

Brigittet

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014

Please read my first response to your problem. As described in that post, is all I had to do.

RMP63

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
I did that and my internet works I need my wifi to work that's the problem.
So it's Netgear's problem and they will not fix unless I pay because it's over 90 days on my warranty. so if anyone has a solution please let me know..thanks.