Review Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 (RBK852) review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
yea, fastest way to drain your bank accounts. I like fast and consistant access but this is way too expensive for me. I got a new router last November and paid less than a third of what this new router costs and am happy with the connections.

Mar 26, 2021
Nice write up! Would love to see this compared to the Orbi Pro SXK80 system. Its on sale $50 cheaper than the RBK852 right now.

Apr 5, 2021
You are getting paid for this review.

It is clear as "If you do need help, the support that Netgear provides is excellent. “, is an outright lie. Their support is a call center oversees that simply knows a set number of SIMPLE troubleshooting and that is it.

This setup is currently suffering from an extremely slow and annoying DNS issue. Feel free to search the community for more posts, as there are a lot of them. This one describes the issue and provides details around the issue.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Or...ly-issuing-DNS-REFUSED-responses/td-p/1926055

I opened a ticket with Netgear, provided the above as well as numerous other links to their own forum reporting this issue with several their models. I was told that they have no report of this issue, it is just me. They gave me the option to RMA the router in the kit to receive a refurbished unit or return it to the retailer I purchased it from.

For the cost of this device, it is not worth your time or money as Netgear will neither support nor fix their device.

Reactions: Rawdyn

nexpos

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2012
I'm hoping someone sees this - but it seems NETGEAR has a disastrous firmware update that is causing issues for tons of users (check the NETGEAR Forums). Firmware 4.6.3.16 is broken for WEEKS and NETGEAR isn't doing anything about it. So, if you're looking to get this, hopefully my post prevents you from buying this setup (for now) until this is fixed. Hoping to visit multiple forums to make users aware.

Reactions: Rawdyn
Status
Not open for further replies.