Question Network adapter driver update?

ben100

Honorable
Jan 21, 2017
I recently did a windows 10 clean install on my toshiba satellite pro laptop. The wifi works fine but every now & then it disconnects then connects again itself so I'm going to update my network adapter driver to see if that fixes it. The network adapter is a broadcom 802.11n. I've found an updated driver on the microsoft update catalogue but there are two of the same versions but the only difference I can see is the company where one says toshiba corporation & the other says broadcom corporation & the only other difference is they both have different supported update id's. So which do I install?

You might want to try the Toshiba support sight first. I'm not familiar with that particular site, but it's likely they have a recommended driver. That may work for you. Otherwise, to answer your question, I would go with the one called Toshiba and try it first.

ben100

Honorable
Jan 21, 2017
You might want to try the Toshiba support sight first. I'm not familiar with that particular site, but it's likely they have a recommended driver. That may work for you. Otherwise, to answer your question, I would go with the one called Toshiba and try it first.
I've tried the Toshiba website or dynabook as it is now but when I type my laptop model number to search for the drivers it's not on the list so I'm not able to get anything for my system from there.

ben100

Honorable
Jan 21, 2017
I would then try the drivers you found. Try the Toshiba one first.
So I tried that one & it installed it, it worked but was worse it would cut off even more than before so I rolled back to the previous driver version that I had. The new one that I had installed said 802.11ac adapter as opposed to before where I had 802.11n would that have made a difference as to why it wasn't working very well? Also as I've said I've rolled back to the previous now which is the 802.11n which I had originally & it works but it still cuts off every now & then any ideas why it does this?

ben100

Honorable
Jan 21, 2017
I have a toshiba satellite pro & in the device manager in other devices there is the yellow ! warning next to the pci simple communications controller & when I click on the properties it says 'the drivers for this are not installed (code 28)' & 'there are no compatible drivers for this device'. The laptop does work fine except the wifi cuts off every now & then then I have to reconnect it which it then does (does this have anything to do with this PCI driver issue?).

ben100

Honorable
Jan 21, 2017
Please keep it to one thread. That way people don't waste time asking the same questions that you have already answered here.

It would also help to know what the exact model number of your laptop is.

Wolfshadw
Modertator
I started a new thread as they are two separate issues, one is about the network adapter driver the other was the pci communications driver? The laptop is a toshiba satellite pro l670-14m.