Network Hubs: Bridges Between Devices

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pawnslinger

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
It's a joke, right? April fools in October!! A Halloween prank... We;ve had gigabit routers for awhile now. My guess is that the market for even switches isn't that great anymore, since most traffic is wifi now, thanks to cell phones/tablets/bluray players, etc. All of my wireless bridges have ports built-in, I wouldn't own one that needed me to add a switch (or hub).

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
I honestly don't expect much from this website these days. Awful articles and regurgitated crap all the time. It's more or less the website I check for IT humor these days as most articles are laughable as best. I'm sorry but whoever posted this article would be immediately fired if I were in charge.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
This isn't the biggest fail article. From another site, the worst was one about "sleep" mode is bad because it shuts down your computer but leaves your RAM running at full speed without the surrounding fans to keep it cool. What was even funnier was that the author had the Mac sitting on top of a space heater.

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
I do remember a long time ago when I was in middle school and learned the difference between a hub & switch. I never forgot. The other problem with the Megabyte / Megabit error isn't much of a problem since I've seen tons of Reviews and Stories with that error. It could have just been a mistype, but there were a heck of a lot more errors with other things.

At least we know Ryan Goodrich will most likely NEVER forget the difference of a hub and switch for the rest of his life. :)

Geef

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
At least we know Ryan Goodrich will most likely NEVER forget the difference of a hub and switch for the rest of his life. :)

renzhe

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Whaaaaat? There are so many problems with this article it's not even worth making fun of anymore. This is seriously messed up. Take this down so that Tom's might maintain a bit of its credibility.

HoldDaMayo

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2007
I love all the Cisco "hubs" we use at work... 500 computers, 1 collision domain... booyah! Just be careful not to "stack" your hubs too high, otherwise they'll fall over, I recommend 2 stacks of hubs in some circumstances.

seancaptain

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all. We are very sorry about this. It went up by accident before it went through proper editing. We will straighten this out soon! Sean

seancaptain

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all. We are very sorry about this. It went up by accident before it went through proper editing. We will straighten this out soon! Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.