New battery computers won't start

Jun 26, 2018
I just got a new battery for my Toshiba laptop but it won't turn on. I plugged the power cord in and nothing what could it be?

Solution
Well, it could be a few things. Is the battery OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket well it may not be the correct battery/specs. I would check that. It could also be faulty.

The battery could have come to you without any charge. Which means it would need to be charged fully before you should use it. Does it show that it is charging?

If it doesn't, then the battery could be the issue, or the charger could need replacing.

Now if the battery shows as charging, but the laptop still won't turn on (after being fully charged), I would again look at the charger being the problem. When they start to go bad they often can't both run a device and charge the battery.
Well, it could be a few things. Is the battery OEM or aftermarket? If aftermarket well it may not be the correct battery/specs. I would check that. It could also be faulty.

The battery could have come to you without any charge. Which means it would need to be charged fully before you should use it. Does it show that it is charging?

If it doesn't, then the battery could be the issue, or the charger could need replacing.

Now if the battery shows as charging, but the laptop still won't turn on (after being fully charged), I would again look at the charger being the problem. When they start to go bad they often can't both run a device and charge the battery.

Solution