New Concept: Lenovo Ideapad U1 Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Oooh, pretty colors...
This is an interesting concept. A tablet computer seems interesting, and might make sense for lots of home use- sitting on the couch surfing the web, watching videos, etc. Sort of like a big ipod touch, but this one takes it further with the keyboard to convert it to a normal notebook style computer. It is yet to be seen how much computing power and what type of OS people want for a tablet. It is conceivable that this machine could have its entire computer in the lid, and only the keyboard as the remaining part of the clamshell. Take off the keyboard and you still have all of the computing power. But we already have small notebooks with swivelling screen the convert back and forth between notebook style and tablet style.

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
[citation][nom]deadlockedworld[/nom]Awesome! If only it could use the app store like an ipod touch. Hopefully there will be a chrome version someday![/citation]

Yeah, you need an app store instead of the ridiculous number of programs that already run on Windows. Apps sound a lot cooler.

artytom

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
If you can use a pressure sensitive pen for drawing on this then I'm interested. It's a lovely concept.

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Novel concept.

A netbook that reduces thickness but not width and height seems a little silly though. Not all that practical.

They should make the part you remove be an app enabled cell phone (ie iPhone). Smaller all the way around. If I'm going to carry around an 11 inch netbook. The part I can remove should be something significantly smaller; something I can carry in my pocket.

Otherwise, if I'm in the market for a netbook of that size, why don't I just take the netbook? Or why not just make the screen flip around like any tablet laptop?

Price won't get people to buy it either. By the time it's released, the features won't sell to people in the market for something in this price range.

G

Lenovo ideapad u1 hybrid http://notebookspecification.com/notebook/ideapad-u1-hybrid/ Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid that has to compete in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.