Solved! New drivers and older drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Either one will work. ASUS has some additional utilities for overclocking and bios update if needed on their website (probably don't need that stuff)

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
i have a asus gtx 1070 oc8gb should i get drivers for it at nvidia or asus sorry for all the questions did my first build trying to understand this stuff

t53186

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Yes there are quite a few features on your motherboard that will need drivers. If this and the video card are new they should come with a DVD having all the needed drivers and stuff, but the latest drivers, bios updates, utilities will always be on the website. Generally speaking it's considered best practice to only load newer drivers, bios, firmware, etc only if it fixes a problem or provides increased functionality. It other words, don't break it if it's working. Have Fun!

DRagor

Estimable
Jan 23, 2017

Yes, mobo drivers are essential for good system work. You can get them from attached CD or form asus website.

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

would that be the ROG motherboard support dvd if so i have got some from the asus website and extra setup and tryed to run them said asussetup or some like that does not support this driver even know i type in the type board i have and went to the drivers on the website

DRagor

Estimable
Jan 23, 2017
https://www.asus.com/pl/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/
It's all there, just make sure to chose the Win version you have. Download newest versions. You'll need the following: chipset, audio, vga, lan, wireless (if you use it), sata and bluetooth (if you use it).

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
so if i allready installed extra and did asus setup the first time should they be installed or do i have to go back to the driver file and install use asus setup agin or what sorry for the dumb questtions

DRagor

Estimable
Jan 23, 2017
There are no dumb questions :)
If you run installation program from motherboard support dvd, it has option called 'install drivers' or similarly named. When you click it, it installs all drivers at once. If you did that, you are all set.

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

no i have not done that should i do it from disc and should i remove drivers i got from website if there on there or will it replace them with ones on the disc thanks

DRagor

Estimable
Jan 23, 2017

If you did installed the one's from website, keep those, they are newer versions.

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
i got them i guess they were not installed because i put in disk chipset and stuff were not there only few were and its updating ones that where in it

Skullexx

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
should i install utillities as well it says asus ai suite 3 asus rog connect plus daemon tools pro winzip rog cpu-z ramcache II asus webstorage game first iv clone drive aura not installed thats automatic installation manual installtion asus ai charger overwolf not installed

Status
Not open for further replies.