New Game Controller Prototype Pulls and Stretches Thumbs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]fishing anything interesting costs a crap ton of money, the fishing ploles themselves can cost a base of 500$, in a game, its at least a bit more interesting than real fishing.[/citation]
Im afraid your analogy doesnt make much sense.. I got a rod and reel combo at Walmart for $19 and a little tackle box filled with the basics for another $10.. With another $20 spent on live shrimp, I ended up spending WAY more for beer than the $39 of supplies I needed to fish all weekend.. Unless your a pro, who spends $500 on a fishing pole?

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]ram1009[/nom]The problem I have with today's game controllers is aiming, since I play FPS only. It's simply not possible to aim quickly and accurately with a stick only 1/2" long. I'm constantly amazed that this problem has not been addressed. Unfortunately, this design does nothing that I can see to remedy this failing of current controllers. The old Sidewinder Dual Strike is the best FPS controller ever conceived.[/citation]

A controller with an extra back button to instantly switch sensitivity on the fly.

Or a touch pad instead of a stick with the same sensitivity button idea, holding your thumb on the edge of the screen would keep you turning, but anything in the middle, aim would be as pin point as a mouse, since obviously you'd stop moving your thumb when your on your target.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
great idea.....bad implementation...seems a little to complicated....people just want to pick up the controller and play not figure out how it works....in fps games you don't have time to fiddle with he controls...then again that's why i have a mouse :)

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]darkerson[/nom]Wow, some of these comments are just downright hateful, arrogant, and eccentric. I will admit, I'm a PC gamer through and through, but not all the games I play are necessarily better with a damn KB/M. Keep an open mind, for crying out loud, people.[/citation]I was a PC gamer first and foremost. I still prefer PC, but I play a lot of console games too. However, a lot of PC gamers these days are arrogant elitists.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
If there's one reason to buy this, it would be because they played the FF7 shinra building battle music in the demo... But that's all, I think.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Somehow this reminded me of the electrical shock feedback controller in the World Domination game from the Bond movie "Never Say Never Again". Now that was a hardcore peripheral...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Maybe in consoles haven't been setting graphics, and gameplay, back so much then PC gamers would seem so elitist?

Crysis 1 is still one of the best looking games around FFS!

smilla0

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
First thing I thought when I read the headline is "How long before someone gets their d*** stuck in this thing?"

G

Nipples would've made that controller better...with realistic squeeze and pull action! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.