SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
1. What is your budget? 3300

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17"

3. What screen resolution do you want? unsure

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need? I keep it plugged in

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? High WoW, Champions Online, Third person shooters, pretty much anything that comes along
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) surfing,watch movies, photo editing, streaming tv
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1tb or more

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 6 or more years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? none can buy external

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. HP because they have never lasted for me

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

For some reason I burn up desktops. They don't last more than a year yet laptops last 6 + years for me.

Moleg1

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

this doesnt make sense hahaha. However I wont try an convince you not to get a laptop since youre probably set. Ill get back to you with a link!

SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I know it makes no sense I have no answers. If someone can explain why they burn up for me that would be great would love nothing more than a 27" monitor....lol

Moleg1

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

Here is a link, some people hate this brand, some love it. Since youre using it as a desktop replacement I think youll be fine

https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9876.html

As for the desktop topic, do you usually build one or buy one?

SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I have actually done both and all of them have burnt up. Yet I have my first laptop which was a gateway and it is still running however is very out dated.

Moleg1

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

What do you mean "burnt up"?

SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

You could smell that something was burnt and they wouldn't turn on. The last one actually sparked when you tried turning it on and it was one I bought from iBUYPOWER.

Moleg1

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015

Huh interesting. My current power supply died on me from something but I dont think it killed the rest of my system. I have been out of town and havent gotten to it yet. My fault, I didnt clean the dust on its fans!

SynfulDeath

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Is this Sager NP9876 (Clevo P870KM-G) the same laptop as this Sager NP9876 (Clevo P870KM1-G)?