New hard drive

Jul 26, 2018
My dads old laptop has been sitting at the bottom of my drawer for some months so i picked it one day and i decided to see what was wrong with it. I scanned it and it passed every test except for the hard drive.
So i borrowed my friends hard drive (with windows 10 on it) then i scanned it again and it passed every test including the hard drive but when i try to use the laptop it shows the dell logo the it proceeds to a page where it only shows an underscore( _ )for about 2 second then it shuts down and it keeps repeating the same process over and over again.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------Laptop info----------------------dell inspiron 15 3537
Windows 10 on original hard drive
Windows 7 on friends hard drive

Solution
First of all, you can not use another PC (laptop) OS (Windows) had drive (HDD for short) in your laptop, it doesn't work like this, period.

All you can do is attempt to fix your original HDD installation.

Does your laptop shows anything when you turn it on (booting), except Windows Logo? Do you see any buttons to press, usually Right bottom corner of the screen, especially F11 (recovery partition access on many Dell systems)?

Kisianik

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
First of all, you can not use another PC (laptop) OS (Windows) had drive (HDD for short) in your laptop, it doesn't work like this, period.

All you can do is attempt to fix your original HDD installation.

Does your laptop shows anything when you turn it on (booting), except Windows Logo? Do you see any buttons to press, usually Right bottom corner of the screen, especially F11 (recovery partition access on many Dell systems)?

Solution