New Headset Advice

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hello Forum,
I hope i am posting in the right place.
I'm a gamer in need of a new headset. I've had a siberia V2 before and i extremely pleased with it in every aspect. Comfort, sounds, bass and rigidity. Right now i have a budget of about 200-300 USD to spend on a new one. I am not the biggest audio geek so that's why i'm posting here, hoping maybe someone might help me find the best headset for my needs.

What i'm looking for in a headset is primarily comfort and good sound quality.A very strong point for a headset for me at least is the surround sound aspect of it. I am not necessarily talking about having 5.1 or 7.1 audio in the headset. But when i do play games like Counter strike and such i do want to be able to tell exactly where my teammates and where my enemy is. The siberia V2 that i had did an amazing job at this, despite being a 2.1 stereo headset. I do want the bass to be deep and punchy, but not too much bass because for me that could ruin the experience as a whole. If anyone has owned a siberia V2 before, that's the kind of bass i am looking for at least. I have heard some good things about companies like Audio Technica and Plantronics but are they the best ones for this budged? I couldn't say. Maybe someone here knows more about this matter than i do.

Another thing i do want to emphasize with this headset is a good quality microphone. I hate it when i'm talking to someone over skype or something else and they just doing sound good because their microphones are bad. I know some microphones tend to make sounds like P and B sound a bit too harsh and i would like to avoid that. Breathing that much air into the microphone isn't very pleasing for the person listening to me.

Thank you to anyone who answers in advance. :)

D

Deleted member 1300495

For comfort and sound quality, you cannot go wrong with the audio technicas, I would reccomend the ATH-M50X as they are are tuned up for base. I have the M40Xs which are completely flat so you can decide. They are also way cheaper than your budget, so you could buy a decent mike. Also, knowing where your enemies are isn't part of surround sound I believe, rather it is just 3d sound which is basically built into most headphones. Surround sound just builds upon that.

M40X: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M40x-Professional-Headphones-Headphone/dp/B00UG7QMPO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1441286749&sr=8-3&keywords=m40x&pebp=1441286755434&perid=0RGAFZA4MY0X7VRC2TZ0

M50X: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Headphones-Headphone/dp/B00NT08MAI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1441286772&sr=8-3&keywords=m50x&pebp=1441286792195&perid=0840A5HPR8Y35ZMEB8K1

kdonkov

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

I am looking for a headset with a microphone already on it. I don't know much about microphones so i couldn't begin to pick out one. That's why i said i'm looking for a headset not headphones.