Question NEW HP Envy extremely slow

Mar 20, 2019
I just bought this computer in the beginning of March, and it's been giving me so many issues from day 1.. from giving me a 90B fan error every time the computer turns on, lagging nonstop on a game at the lowest setting when it says it can handle higher than lowest (game ran fine for first few days), and being EXTREMELY slow even right after booting up. Chrome alone is using 50--60% of RAM (I don't know if that's normal or not). I uninstalled all of the preinstalled software that came with the computer, updates are up to date, drivers are up to date, BIOS is updated, tried defragging, changed battery settings, ran virus scans, cleaned temp files, followed the HP virtual assistant... the computer temperature seems to be fine. It doesn't overheat at all, and I have a fan underneath the laptop. I don't really have anything installed on this laptop yet...

Processor : Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz
RAM : 12GB
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce MX150

While it may not be "the best", I would have thought it would be faster than my old laptop, especially since I paid about $1100 for this one....