New iOS Code Hints at Gaming in Apple TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Haha Apple TV + HDTV + game = HORRIBLE SCALING AND GRAPHICS!

Consoles are what they are because they're designed specifically to tackle these problems, you get great gameplay coupled with HD graphics and at a pretty respectable price.

G

Anyone want to play iphone games on their t.v.?

Apple t.v. - you can watch video from youtube, go on itune store, flickr and netflix etc. Hmm where can I do this? Oh wait... I can do all that and more on my p.c already.
Gaming? I can do that on my pc too! Does steve job not know this?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Like we really need a crappy tv box for gaming... we already have consoles, and look what they did to the PC gaming market -_-[/citation]
when are people going to realize that games on PCs are so much easier to play, and have much better graphics

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Doesn't make me any more interested in Apple TV. (I already have a HTPC next to my TV.)
I'm much more interested in Apple's idea for a game controller.

[citation][nom]rotsae[/nom]Anyone want to play iphone games on their t.v.?Apple t.v. - you can watch video from youtube, go on itune store, flickr and netflix etc. Hmm where can I do this? Oh wait... I can do all that and more on my p.c already. Gaming? I can do that on my pc too! Does steve job not know this?[/citation]

Most people don't have a PC hooked up to their TV.

mofnet

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2006
"we already have consoles, and look what they did to the PC gaming market" - exactly, nobody saw that coming, the pc people thought those consoles will never replace gaming on a "proper" computer, but ooops,, it did....

just a thought, but what if crappy little $1 games do actually start overtaking the tripple A blockbuster titles for revenue.... it seems unlikely, but that's what makes the result spectacular... if everything that happened was obvious wouldn't life be a bit boring??

the trick is to back the company that comes up with the unlikely and makes it work.... and everyone must admit apple are masters at that over the last decade or so... but they did however have some pretty BIG mistakes prior to that....!

another company who seem good at creating new unlikely solutions are google.... both apple and google are doing very well at the expense of mainly microsoft at the moment...

G

heaven save us the idea of farmville on a TV....... time to euthanize the human race i think

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]Most people don't have a PC hooked up to their TV.[/citation]

Looking at AppleTV sales, I can guarantee you that more pcs are connected to tv's than AppleTV's.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
"Looking at AppleTV sales, I can guarantee you that more pcs are connected to tv's than AppleTV's."

You would be wrong....there are many other cheap set-top box makers that do the same as Apple Tv. Roku, Popcorn, AC Ryan, WD, Seagate, Dlink, Netgear. All much cheaper than you PC!

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]mj4358[/nom]"Looking at AppleTV sales, I can guarantee you that more pcs are connected to tv's than AppleTV's."You would be wrong....there are many other cheap set-top box makers that do the same as Apple Tv. Roku, Popcorn, AC Ryan, WD, Seagate, Dlink, Netgear. All much cheaper than you PC![/citation]

Er, since when are Roku, Popcorn Hour, etc stb's AppleTV's? That's what we're talking about here. Learn to read.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]when are people going to realize that games on PCs are so much easier to play, and have much better graphics[/citation]
And have awesome mods. I love the competitive L4D mods (i.e. tank every round, pills only, no t2 - makes the game hella fun). And the Oblivion mods... so much awesome.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
"Er, since when are Roku, Popcorn Hour, etc stb's AppleTV's? That's what we're talking about here. Learn to read."

I did read ......and since we are talking about staying on subject; why would post this asinine train of thought?

"Looking at AppleTV sales, I can guarantee you that more pcs are connected to tv's than AppleTV's."

I was merely pointing out to you that you are wrong to think that more PC's are connected to tv's than what was listed by me in my previous post. All of which fall into the category as an Apple TV. Simpleton!

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]mj4358[/nom]"Er, since when are Roku, Popcorn Hour, etc stb's AppleTV's? That's what we're talking about here. Learn to read."I did read ......and since we are talking about staying on subject; why would post this asinine train of thought?"Looking at AppleTV sales, I can guarantee you that more pcs are connected to tv's than AppleTV's."I was merely pointing out to you that you are wrong to think that more PC's are connected to tv's than what was listed by me in my previous post. All of which fall into the category as an Apple TV. Simpleton![/citation]

All of those fall into the internet capable stb category. AppleTV is merely a part of that category. And since we are talking about a possiblilty of gaming on AppleTV's and not Roku boxes or other stb's, a realm that pc's excel in, I guess that you're the simpleton as well as an idiot for trying to defend your mis-understanding of the discussion.

mj4358

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
The argument that more PC's are connected to TV's is plain and simply wrong! Had you said more people will connect PC's to their tv's to play games i would have agreed with you. But since you didn't, the disagreement with your inane post in it current, literal form is very much valid!
So in the future post a more cogent thought and maybe you would save face and appear intelligent.

MarioJP

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
The argument that more PC's are connected to TV's is plain and simply wrong! Had you said more people will connect PC's to their tv's to play games i would have agreed with you. But since you didn't, the disagreement with your inane post in it current, literal form is very much valid!
So in the future post a more cogent thought and maybe you would save face and appear intelligent.

You move your HDTV to your PC. HDTV's are not heavy ya know. and 2 you did not specify size of the HDTV. 3 Monitors can be the same as HDTV so this is moot. and 4 Ever heard of MicroATX?? Thats right PC's are no longer bulky could be the size of a cube and still pack a punch like a full desktop tower. Just shows how much people know about technology lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.