New Iphone 5C shows no buttons, black screen

Rock69

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
I purchased an Iphone 5C 16GB last weeks and started using it Friday. It was working fine. I don't know if something happened, maybe it fell on the floor and I didn't notice, but now the screen is permanently black. The phone is working because I hear text messages and whatsapp messages incoming, and on Find My Iphone is listed as online...but nothing shows on the screen, is permanently black.

One thing that happened, and I don't know if this is the cause, is that I was trying to change the phone country, in order to do purchases cause my last iphone was registered under a different country, and I was not being able to and I read online that if you do a reset of the phone it might work. I followed the instructions and did a reset....I still couldn't change country but the phone was fine. And then, all of sudden, it wasn't anymore.

I did a factory reset, I restored my backup...nothing I've tried so far worked. Apparently the hardware is intact but the display is simply not working, nothing shows up on the screen except for backlight, nothing shows and even me trying to unlock the phone with a swipe of my finger doesn't work. What should I do? It's a brand new phone!

Rock69

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Unfortunately I purchased it in the US but I live in South America. So even though I still have the receipt I don't think my local Apple Store is going to take care of this for free.

isinha

Estimable
Jun 18, 2014
Hey, this problem hapened to me too last week and I called to apple store and they told me i can't fix my phone here because i bought it in Canada and I live in South America too. Did you fix you phone? Please answer me, I don't know what to do. Please, send me a email: Personal information removed - SS