New Laptop -Desk Top Gamer

Jonathan_61

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Hey Guys, I apologize for my novice question or request.

I'm very unfamiliar with the thought process of Laptops, my fiance has no room for a desktop....i wish she did. We aren't moving in together till marriage, 2 years. And I want to be able to get a laptop for that, unless you can think of a way for me to game on her bed with a desktop. Can't mount,and she has a desk about 3 feet away. But you can't sit at it, with a keyboard. I could place a monitor on top of it and that is about it.

So I basically want to spend less then 1000, but ok with less then 1200. I need about 2-3 years out of it.

I play The Division, Siege, and tree of savior. So games like that.

Any input would be amazing, and I apologize for being so vague i'm very much a novice at that. Thank you!

Solution
I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112

Very cheap for a very capable gaming laptop. Quad core CPU and GTX 960M.

I suggest buying a SSD and putting windows on that since this laptop does not have a SSD built in. (if possible)

When your looking for laptops for gaming, you need to make sure it has a set of minimum requirements:

1. Quad Core CPU
2. Dedicated GPU (NOT Integrated graphics). Something like a Geforce GTX (or higher) or a Radeon R9 (or higher) GPU.
3. Make sure to buy a laptop that is normal to bulky in size. The ultra slim gaming laptops look very nice, but they have one huge caveat: Cooling problems. The bottom of ultra thin gaming laptops can get up to 110F or higher...
I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112

Very cheap for a very capable gaming laptop. Quad core CPU and GTX 960M.

I suggest buying a SSD and putting windows on that since this laptop does not have a SSD built in. (if possible)

When your looking for laptops for gaming, you need to make sure it has a set of minimum requirements:

1. Quad Core CPU
2. Dedicated GPU (NOT Integrated graphics). Something like a Geforce GTX (or higher) or a Radeon R9 (or higher) GPU.
3. Make sure to buy a laptop that is normal to bulky in size. The ultra slim gaming laptops look very nice, but they have one huge caveat: Cooling problems. The bottom of ultra thin gaming laptops can get up to 110F or higher, making it impossible to game on your lap.

The extra options would be a SSD, an SSD will make your entire computer feel faster, it will boot up faster, and programs will run faster, but it won't necessarily make games go faster, but they will start up faster.

Solution

Jonathan_61

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Thank you for the info on that Tech, I have been looking at that laptop multiple times, I don't mind if it's bulky at all. It could be huge! The Fact is I don't want it to be mobile. I won't be moving it much hehe, just for my fiances house and that's it.

What type of sloid state would you recommend for that? Would it just take a 2.5? If so I have about 10 :p Black Friday I got about 10 because they we're 20 bucks a piece for a 250g ones. lol GG Samsung

Sorry I meant the 2.5 SSD you were looking at.

That system is nice, did you want a 17.3 inch? Because the one i'm recommending you only is using a 15.6 display.

That SSD is old, slower, and WAY too expensive.

Get the next version of that SSD, as you can see, it's really really cheap for 2x the capasity: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147373