New laptop for Work / Gaming (1300€+/-)

voidzito

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
1. What is your budget? max would be 1400€ but i dont think i need to reach that.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 maybe 17 but then would start to b heavy to carry around.

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? its to replace my old laptop (hp sleekbook)

5. How much battery life do you need? Doesnt concern me much i can always put it to charge in almost all places i am, tho ofc i want it to be decent to good battery.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes i will play games like CSGO / LoL / WOW / Gta5 etc...

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will do normal office work and occasionally i have to work on image editing for banners campaigns etc, also i do work with software for editing and creating websites.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? SSD is a must if possible with also a minumum 500gb hdd would be best.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

IF i can buy with paypal (balance not CC ! ) i can buy from anywhere if the price is good.
Else i will buy from here " http://www.inphtech.pt/ " im from portugal. they only sell clevos and i have 5% discount too. I couldnt find better deals with such customization here.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? this one has like 5 years and its wasnt a great buy, i expect that to be alive for the same or more ^^

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? no need.

13. What country do you live in? Portugal

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm mainly looking for the P600 (in the website i said) with the gtx 970m and i7-6700hq 8gb ram 1ssd 240gb 1hdd 500gb. or the N 100 RF that has a gtx 965M and i can choose from i5 6440hq or i7 6700HQ.

What would be the best buy also to keep me going well for a good bunch of years?

Solution
In my opinion go with the clevo but if u don't need the gtx970m go with the Lenovo y700 it has gtx960m or the dell inspiron 15 700 they are cheaper, I personally have the Lenovo and it's really cool but it has a little problem when I play a video (on fb or youtube) and scroll the page down the screen goes black for few milliseconds and I think that the problem is with the software but I personnaly recommend it. If u need a gtx970m don't hesitate the clevo is not really bad

Proofy

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014
gtx 970m and i7-6700hq 8gb ram 1ssd 240gb 1hdd 500gb is the way to go. If you miss space, you can always buy external HDD or replace the 500GB drive that's inside. 8GB RAM is plenty for gaming so you don't need any additional ram, look no further

as a laptop brand I would look for ASUS ROG with the same specifications becasue ASUS is proven to be a better quality overall

Example model: ASUS ROG G752VT-DH72

voidzito

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014

The problem is the price. that model i can only find here with 16gb of ram and 1tb hdd. and its 1750€ i can buy the former i said for 1300€ its a big gap. the asus is 17'3 but its to much.

thanks for your reply i might go for the clevo with that specs, if i can also buy using the company i can save the VAT (23%) too.

Proofy

Estimable
Aug 19, 2014

Yea they are a bit more pricey... Look at the MSI GT Stealth series if some is within your price range that have 970M and i7 6700HQ cpu, MSI is also amazing company so it's not like you will be disappointed with it for sure :)

voidzito

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014

Sadly i cant find, msi with 970m is 1500€+ (and the models sold here dont even have ssd only hdd) for 1300€ the msi's only have the 960m. Cant find a smilar one for the same price, seems i will go for the clevo's.

Dont think 300€ for pratically just branding is worth.

fouadsy99

Commendable
Feb 12, 2016
In my opinion go with the clevo but if u don't need the gtx970m go with the Lenovo y700 it has gtx960m or the dell inspiron 15 700 they are cheaper, I personally have the Lenovo and it's really cool but it has a little problem when I play a video (on fb or youtube) and scroll the page down the screen goes black for few milliseconds and I think that the problem is with the software but I personnaly recommend it. If u need a gtx970m don't hesitate the clevo is not really bad

Solution