Solved! New laptop network not working

Jan 31, 2019
My laptop arrived around January 3rd (2019) and it was working perfectly fine. After 3 weeks, while I was just online shopping, my internet suddenly stopped working. I clicked on the network setting and there were no networks at all. My pc and phone still had wifi so I knew that the wifi wasn't the problem.

I tried network reset but it didn't solve anything. I did see some youtube videos that tried to help but I didn't see my network driver that I should have had. So I downloaded the network driver onto a USB and then transferred it onto my laptop. Nothing happened, internet was still not working. I checked my BIOS and also did a winsock reset.

Again, it didn't work. I really don't know what to do. I bought this laptop just for school and now it doesn't work. I also saw some sketchy apps that help you to download drivers and fix your laptop, but some reviews said it was a scam.

I have a Dell XPS 6370 i7
Window 10

Solution
Can you connect with an ethernet cable to take the router off the suspects list? Are there any flashing lights on the back of the router? There should be one for every device connected by cable.

Is there anything in Control Panel>Device Manager>Network wi-fi adapter>Properties that might be blocking a connection? Turned off to save power is a frequent cause and another is Disabled.

Does the laptop have a wi-fi switch on the case or a Function key with the w-fi icon printed on it?
Can you connect with an ethernet cable to take the router off the suspects list? Are there any flashing lights on the back of the router? There should be one for every device connected by cable.

Is there anything in Control Panel>Device Manager>Network wi-fi adapter>Properties that might be blocking a connection? Turned off to save power is a frequent cause and another is Disabled.

Does the laptop have a wi-fi switch on the case or a Function key with the w-fi icon printed on it?

Solution