New Laptop Recomendation

TheBoshtyGamer

Estimable
Feb 9, 2015
Hey, I'm in my first year of university and need a new laptop. It needs to be somewhat portable and stylish, I'm not in an engineering or any sort of computer related course so I really only need the basics that pretty much every laptop can provide. But I'm also a gamer so I'd like a pretty good laptop at least. Looking for something around a 15 inch screen, not interested in 17 inch due to portability and ease of use during lectures. I've been saving for awhile so the budget doesnt matter too much, that said, I'd like one as cheap as possible. I've been looking at the Asus G551JM and the Acer V Nitro. Thoughts? Is the Asus pretty big? Looks relatively large in some pictures. In terms of heat it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I tend to play in short bursts because I have study and stuff. And the terrible touchpad in the Acer won't be too much of an issue either as I use a mouse. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Solution
hello there i have never used the v nitro or heard much about it i have hard alot of problems wit the g750 and g751 asus laptops not sure about there lower end/mid range models i myself am looking at an MSI laptop they have multicolor back lit steel series keyboards and i hear they have some of the best sounding speakers in a laptop on the market today, thee best thing i can recommend is to make sure you get a laptop with a core I7 4th gen and a maxwell series graphics card i hear the keplar based laptop graphics get to hot hope this helps

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there i have never used the v nitro or heard much about it i have hard alot of problems wit the g750 and g751 asus laptops not sure about there lower end/mid range models i myself am looking at an MSI laptop they have multicolor back lit steel series keyboards and i hear they have some of the best sounding speakers in a laptop on the market today, thee best thing i can recommend is to make sure you get a laptop with a core I7 4th gen and a maxwell series graphics card i hear the keplar based laptop graphics get to hot hope this helps

Solution