New Laptop Suggestions

tsimmons2207

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I am looking for a laptop for my friend. She wants something under $800 that can handle light gaming. I'm less familiar with laptops as I am more of a desktop Pc user - my main question is that I am unsure if she needs a dedicated GPU for doing light gaming. She will probably mostly be playing skyrim or world of warcraft and anything else she does will likely be school-related stuff using MS Office. Can anyone point us in the right direction?

edit: My apologies, I did not realize there was a form to fill out for a new laptop question. I can answer some of those extra questions here real quick. We live in the US, a ~15" screen size will suffice, as far as storage goes 1TB HDD will probably be more than enough for her purposes, a DVDRW drive is needed, would like to purchase from either Newegg, Jet, or Amazon but it's not completely necessary, she will have it plugged in most of the time so the battery life is not hugely important.

edit 2: this laptop was the one she was looking at: https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=0AY-00PU-00003&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Gaming+Laptops-_-0AY-00PU-00003&gclid=CK_L6bTj0c8CFUw7gQodpxYAig&gclsrc=aw.ds

tsimmons2207

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
thank you for the speedy response, I see on the forums that there is a lot of distain for the Acer brand. Have you had any bad experiences with the brand personally? I am keeping an open mind I would not count out Acer but any info will help towards making the best decision possible.

Hellfire13

Respectable
Apr 20, 2016
Acer is a good company with a lot of good products. I personally never had any bad experience with them. Having said that, there is hardly any brand or product which is error free and 100% guaranteed to work without any issues, specially in electronic items.
If you have any brand preference you can mention the same and we will try to find best value product from them.