New laptop to replace dead M11X

y2hbk

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
So my Alienware M11Xr2 finally died. While its been a nice little laptop that allowed me to play some old classics like Neverwinter Nights, run several emulators, etc... that's about all it could do. Honestly I couldn't throw many modern games at it the very year it came out.

Despite all of that, and Im sure im in the minority here, I loved the form factor. The 11" size made it great for doing some light gaming on the plane, road trips, in the hotel, in bed, etc. My wife inherited my Sager notebook which is significantly more powerful, but its also a brick.

I should also add that I have looked at the new Alienware 13, but was turned off by the ridiculously underpowered CPU in it.

1. What is your budget?
-Trying not to go over $1500, but am flexible.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-Doesn't look like there is anything in the 11 inch range anymore. As small as possible.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
-Hated the resolution on the M11X, but learned to deal with it. Would prefer 1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-Portability is a must

5. How much battery life do you need?
-3+ hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-Civ V, Final Fantasy XIV, etc. Medium-High settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-Gaming is the priority

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-I have a SSD ill be moving over

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-Open to anything. Ive purchased direct from Alienware, iBuyPower and from Xotic PC before

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-A few years. If there is one that is upgradeable that would be great, but generally the smaller they are the less the chances are of that and I understand that

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-Open to anything

13. What country do you live in?
-USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.