New Laptop under 2000.

djurov

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Hello guys.

I am about to start studying within the field of media science and Communications. I will be doing some UX, UI, Programming and alike! I am looking for a laptop that gives me the most for the BUCK.

I have thought of buying a MAC, Ive seen alot of people with them, but I have always understood that you are paying alot for design, and not so much for the hardware / power of the machine.

I am basically without knowlagde in this sector of laptops and electonics, and would like to know your picks for a laptop under 2000 that is going to give me some force

Also if someone could go into depth about the Mac Vs laptops I would be very happy :)

Btw, I have to buy the computer tomorrow, so hope to hear from alot of yall

Thank you.

Solution
Well, assuming it’s 2000 dollars, I found this...

Got an i7 7th gen processor, which should be pretty good. A gtx 1070 which is behind the 1080 and 1080ti and the 1070ti, but still VERY POWERFUL, a 256 gb SSD for quick bootups, a 1 Tb hdd for programs you develop, and a 4k display, because, why not? And it’s got some hdmi and display ports for external monitors and a dvd drive if you need it.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16834233223

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I just want to make sure, it’s 2000 dollars right? (as in American dollars)

For the Mac vs Pc thing, you can upgrade a few of the components, such as the storage device or the ram sticks, but with Apple, you basically just have to throw the $1000 for a new one. Otherwise, you get more performance out of it, even though Mac OS X may be a tad lighter of an os.

jgustin7b

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
Well, assuming it’s 2000 dollars, I found this...

Got an i7 7th gen processor, which should be pretty good. A gtx 1070 which is behind the 1080 and 1080ti and the 1070ti, but still VERY POWERFUL, a 256 gb SSD for quick bootups, a 1 Tb hdd for programs you develop, and a 4k display, because, why not? And it’s got some hdmi and display ports for external monitors and a dvd drive if you need it.

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16834233223

Solution
While normally a MAC is not the best buy, if you are going into media and communications, a lot of work in those fields are done on a MAC. For your budget you can actually get a lower end MAC and a good laptop both, and be able to be ready for whatever jobs you get.

You can get a MacBook for under 1,000, new, and a decent laptop for $6-700, also new. You should not need a super heavy duty system unless you will be working on editing movies.