New laptop with wireless display?

Obi-wan Kenobi

Estimable
Dec 15, 2015
A friend of mine would like a new fast laptop that can connect to two 20" displays in his home office. He would like to connect to them wirelessly. And to a wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard and mouse are easy. Any ideas on the wireless to the monitors? He doesnt just want screen mirroring. He wants a primary and secondary external display.

Laptop specs he would like are 15" screen, latest i7 cpu, 16gb ram, 512gb ssd. Dedicated graphics card isn't a necessity, nor is a cd/dvd drive.

Thanks!

Solution
There are no laptops with a built-in wireless display. Actually I don't know of any computer at all that has a built-in option for a wireless display connection. There is WiDi but that requires a WiDi capable system on both sides and I have had a very hard time finding a list of systems that have WiDi in them. There are also somethings like miracast and a few others but that all can be a pain to use, but doable. None of those are really made to replace a video cable to a main monitor since they all have more lag to the display.

There are plenty of wireless video adapters, depends on the quality he wants and what connections he has. Just do a web search for wireless video and you will see plenty of options. Keep in mind that many...
There are no laptops with a built-in wireless display. Actually I don't know of any computer at all that has a built-in option for a wireless display connection. There is WiDi but that requires a WiDi capable system on both sides and I have had a very hard time finding a list of systems that have WiDi in them. There are also somethings like miracast and a few others but that all can be a pain to use, but doable. None of those are really made to replace a video cable to a main monitor since they all have more lag to the display.

There are plenty of wireless video adapters, depends on the quality he wants and what connections he has. Just do a web search for wireless video and you will see plenty of options. Keep in mind that many are short range or have quality and resolution restrictions. The good ones are hundreds of dollars.

Solution